Garage Bill?

2005 Micra, 47k miles.
I've been using the same garage for years, but he seems to be getting expensive.
Last years MOT etc:
Oil change / filter
MOT preparation and MOT. MOT was £30.
2 wiper blades
Clean out washer jets
Replace o/s/ f lower suspension arm
Replace o/s/ f tyre, balance, valve and set track
£294. 36p including VAT
Labour was £115.
He always lends me a car to go home in.
Is this expensive or about right.
Thanks.
Steve

Parts would cost about,130,lower suspension arm takes about 45 mins to do,oil change well that's easy,it's not overpriced in my opinion,for a garage, and he lends you a car so all is good I think!

Parts would cost about,130,lower suspension arm takes about 45 mins to do,oil change well that's easy,it's not overpriced in my opinion,for a garage, and he lends you a car so all is good I think!

Right, thanks for that one :)
He charged £105 for the parts, I forgot to add the sump plug seal @ 40p.....
The wife was moaning about the price and thinking of going somewhere else. Thing is that this guy DOES make a very good job.
My days of lying on my back and working on cars are all over - 63 now.
Thanks for the reply.

That's the trouble with garages the rates for the work,my car needed a brake light bulb for mot charged me 10 pounds,lol I could of done it for £2 if I checked them,I also changed right side lower suspension arm at a cost of £35 easy job just time consuming,love working on my cars gives me satisfaction when fixed,bought my little baby for £600 wasn't running right changed water pump,radiator,plugs,now running good,then some taxi driver hit the front bumper,gave me £300 for the damage,pushed dent out,hahaha car now stands me in little over £400,well happy,

Very fair price indeed. The use of a car and quality of work makes it good value for money
Good mechanics are hard to find these days

Very fair price indeed. The use of a car and quality of work makes it good value for money
Good mechanics are hard to find these days

Belated thanks for the reply.
Aye, he can have it again next MOT, but he is not gonna change the engine oil. It will have done 3k miles since the last oil change.

Back