Fitting a subwoofer (engine grommet location ?)

Heya, need to fit my subwoofer today and having trouble finding a grommet to put the power cable through from the battery to the boot.

Obviously the engine bay is packed, where is the best place to pass the cable through the firewall ?

Hello mate,

Hopefully by now you must have done the job.

This is how I've done the wiring for my car.

The grommet (wires) are placed behind the ECU.. See the pic.. I know its not too clear but will give you an idea..

I made a careful hole with a flat head screwdriver between the wires and plastic cap the keep the car water tight. Then I fed the wire from outside to inside and run it through the window panel.

Let us know how you get on.

Attachments

• 1409503427267.jpg
    1409503427267.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 305
  • 1409503441632.jpg
    1409503441632.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 333
  • 1409503462666.jpg
    1409503462666.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 312
Yeah mate, got the wiring through at least !

What side did you put yours through when facing the engine from the outside ?

I had to go on the right and had to remove the glovebox, battery, cold air intake and the airbox.

The sun was splitting the trees when I went out and ended up pissing down on and off (typical Glasgow weather!) so i never got pictures.

Got the cables under the door carpet last night and got to run them through to the back today.

Although, a nut off the battery fell and never went under car, so hopefully the friction will hold till i get to B&Q to get a 13mm nut this morning.

Yeah mate, got the wiring through at least !

What side did you put yours through when facing the engine from the outside ?

I had to go on the right and had to remove the glovebox, battery, cold air intake and the airbox.

The sun was splitting the trees when I went out and ended up pissing down on and off (typical Glasgow weather!) so i never got pictures.

Got the cables under the door carpet last night and got to run them through to the back today.

Although, a nut off the battery fell and never went under car, so hopefully the friction will hold till i get to B&Q to get a 13mm nut this morning.
Daam.. You went through so much :)

I run the wire through the hole where all the ECU, BATT etc. wire goes in. Then I took the wire up through the pillar and remove the door seals.. Once u pull the seal down you have plenty space to run the cable through.

Last edited:
My hand wouldn't get down to the grommet without removing all that, the engine bay is so packed ! Once i got it through there it was ok.

Back