Finished Boot Build

Titch

Micra K11ng
Well it only took a week, and loads of cuts of my hands but its all finally finished. Pics below.

29hs.jpg

33eh.jpg

42kn.jpg

53ug.jpg

61pt.jpg

71zt.jpg

81qo.jpg

99gw.jpg

103wb.jpg

Comments welcome.
Titch :kungfu:

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Yellow Top's are around £160......there are a few alternatives if you dont want to pay that price.

Are you running split charge titch? You probably didnt need a 2nd battery running only those amps :)

B

Ben

looks good mate, better then the slanty piece of MDF at NEM but thgen again it wasnt covered then. Also, why the trainer???

kev_mono72

Ex. Club Member
very nice! wud u c about getn one of those "emergency wheels"and fix it behind ur changer so if u do get a flat u pull ur seats forward to get at the wheel? Just an idea i hav for my future install...

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
Got the battery from a mate. Still not paid him for it yet. Sounds amazing, much better than thats slanted **** i had before. The battery is running the Playstation to, so though it would be a good idea to have two, and yes, its a split charge.
Sealed all the MDF down, so not much movement on it, and was meant to be a pic of the crossover, not my shoe!

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
From this:

p10100165xh.jpg

To this:

75mf.jpg

Sooo much better! Will get pics of car up for you soon Jay Y, Going to Crail tomorrow, (car show), so hopefully will get some from there.
:kungfu:

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
I LOVE IT !!! that is a quality job you've done there titch.

very neat with still loads of space.

one problem you may get which i got with my system is trying to change a light in the tail clusters !!!

i changed them all to led bulbs from www.ultraleds.com so that i'd never have to change them again.

you could get somr gaurd rails to go over the sub so you can still put boxes in the boot :)

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
It's the LED Bulbs i've got in mate! its all thought out! Only takes two secs to change back to original ones anyway, so for my MOT is should be okay. Not to bothered about having a boot, never use it anyway!

NeX

Club Member
hehe one step ahead of the game eh?

i don't really use my boot but it's good to know it's there when i need it :)

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Couple of things.........

You wont need cooling fans with the amps out in the open

Have you actually boxed in your sub? It looks like its just running IB (Infinite Baffle) to me..........?!

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
Its not completely boxed, but i couldn't find a way to make something like that fit. Didn't want to fanny around with it for ages, so just tried to seal it as much as i could. Although its not boxed, its still a good noise from it.

Attachments

• subornmicra3.jpg
    subornmicra3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 408
OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
Cheers mate, happy with the results.

Attachments

• civic2.jpg
    civic2.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 270
  • civic5.jpg
    civic5.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 246
  • civic6.jpg
    civic6.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 290
L

Lindy418

nice one titch im still waiting for the lovely boyf to wire mine up. In my boot at the moment i just have all my new speakers, sub and box floating around ill have to beg hehe but then again valentines is coming up so maybe i wont hehe Oh but then again not much point when the head unit is getting repaired due to the date strip being faulty for the flip down and the repair shop have had it for 2 months and still waiting on parts from sony (well thats what they say im sure its just the fact of to many mincepies over christmas and to much drink on new years)

Hopfully soooooooooon :)

But anyways Very nice looks loads better, good luck with nursing ur cuts better

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Try building a small square box to go in the wheel well, or use fibreglass......

You should run those subwoofers in a box, otherwise they wont go nearly as loud as they should, and you can easily cause damage to them as they have no back pressure to support them under load........

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
So would it sound loads better with it completly boxed in? Was looking at trying to do that, but is so aquward to do it cause it sits in the foot weld.

NeX

Club Member
try making the box out of fiber glass.... it would be much easier and sound great :)

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
will give it a look tonight, but trying to see what it looks like, and get something made up is a bitch.

NeX

Club Member
not fiberglass....

all you do is cover the spare wheel cavity in masking tape and line it with a fabric (fleece is the best) then cover it in resin from hellfrauds, you can buy it in buckets :)

then when the resin is hard you will have a cast of the cavity which you then cover in layers of fiberglass matting and resin. when the faberglass is thick enough you can bolt it to the bottom of your install and seal it with silicone sealent.

easy :)

Hugh

Silcone is not the best thing to be used anywhere near speakers as the Acetic Acid it contains eats the rubber on the surround.

NeX

Club Member
RE: RE: Finished Boot Build

Hugh said:
Silcone is not the best thing to be used anywhere near speakers as the Acetic Acid it contains eats the rubber on the surround.

Really? i'll keep that in mind :)

ok some other non silicone based sealent.... or a thick glue like those hot glue guns.
maybe....