F/S Rear Strut Brace

Hia guys,

They cost £55 posted to mainland UK. The price is for one item power coated gloss black :)

I can supply them uncoated to order which will bring the price down to £45.

Postage to outside the UK is around £20/£25 (if you PM me where you are then I can get a more accurate quote). to post multiple items abroad is far cheaper so maybe a group buy is a good idea if you are not in the UK :)

rear strut brace compiled2 (Medium).jpg

To fit the brace:
Use an adjustable spanner or mole grips to hold the top of the shock, then use a spanner (14mm) to remove the nut.
remove everything from the top of the shock.
turn the large metal washer type thing upside down and place over the shock thread.
install the brace
install one (thick) washer then a spring washer then another (thick) washer.
wind on a nut (m10x1.25) and tighten up. (you may need to hold the shock shaft from underneith or preferably use an impact gun if you have access to one).
It may also be possibly to re-use the stock nut but it is a self locking one so you will have to secure the shock shaft while tightening it :)

I could also do a 'fitting kit' at an extra £2 odd if people are interested:)
Consisting of:
2x Nuts (m10x1.25)
2x m10 spring washers
4 thick m10 washers

heres some pics of the one noddie made me for my k11

Attachments

• DSC03900.JPG
    DSC03900.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,173
  • DSC03901.JPG
    DSC03901.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,016
  • DSC03902.JPG
    DSC03902.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,583
  • DSC03904.JPG
    DSC03904.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,044
OP
OP
Noddie
Ok, So im moving house on the 23rd meaning my workshop will be out of action from the 18th May to the 7th June (ish) and then ill be doing exams till the 15 pretty much. So if you are planning to order anything from me please do so pretty soon to give me chance to get the materials and make it before the 18th otherwise it will have to wait till around mid May Hope thats clear, seems to make sense when i read it back
Cheers guys

so is it 35 for a plain one yeah? you dont need to adjust a strut brace do you? whats the benefits from doing that i dont quite understand

OP
OP
Noddie
I think the 'base model' will be non adjustable and therefore pretty cheap :) £35 unpainted and £10 for paint. Prices are for item posted anywhere in mainland UK.
I could also offer an adjustable option (although I dont see much advantage) for an extra £15.

over the summer I will look into weld in ones also but I wont have time over Easter.

Makes a lot of sense :) I'm game for one of these bad boys :) you need to get a noddies ghetto engineering sticker made up with a noddie in a decked k11! Would be sweet :')

OP
OP
Noddie
i would take a set too, provided you can get pics :)
put some CAD pics in the first post to give people an idea :)

Makes a lot of sense :) I'm game for one of these bad boys :) you need to get a noddies ghetto engineering sticker made up with a noddie in a decked k11! Would be sweet :')
I have been thinking the same thing!! Im not much good at art though :( maybe someone on here would like to have a bash at a logo :D :D ? (im thinking NodSpeed as a company name :D )

I have been thinking the same thing!! Im not much good at art though :( maybe someone on here would like to have a bash at a logo :D :D ? (im thinking NodSpeed as a company name :D )
I'd put that on my car, noddie in a k11 would look great! or just a k11 with the blue hat hanging out the window...

....maybe someone on here would like to have a bash at a logo :D:D ? (im thinking NodSpeed as a company name :D )
seeing as you liked that so much
...I had another go
...couldn't decide on a font though...the "Ghetto" one I hava is pretty much illegible...not much good if you want people to know who you are :p

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z110/Sai_art/noddylogoname_zpscea970e0.png

I'm not sure how you'd go about getting it done professionally (graphics company or what not) but Perhaps Kev (pro-cut vinyl) may be able to whack something out and send you a mock up sticker for a just a few £s ;)

They will sit over the two strut tops and are bolted down using the original nuts:) no bush as the idea of a bush is to add some flexibility which is counter productive in a brace :)
This is probably going to sound like a daft question .........
But here goes any way with the brace on place will it hamper removal and replacement of the spare wheel?