Engine Immobiliser

I’m having a problem with my M Reg Micra. Having stood for about a week I went to use the car at the weekend. When I pressed the fob to disable the alarm on the car I got no response from the car confirming that the alarm had been disabled and the red indicator was still flashing. First thing I did was to change the battery in the fob just in case the current battery was low but still no change.

I called Greenflag and the mechanic said all he could really do would be disconnect the battery which might reset the alarm. Having done this there was no change other than the red indicator was now not flashing and I could get in and out of the car without the alarm going off.

Still when I go to turn the key in the ignition there is no sign of life.

Does anyone have any ideas how I go about sorting the problem out? I’m not too fussed about having the alarm on the car so if there is a way to disarm the alarm completely I would be fine.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply. I’m assuming that the nats1 system is what my car would have? Is that the system with the fob that has one button on it (which has dewalt written on it also)?

Just has that confirmed from a mechanic just now. Said I've just got an aftermarket alarm fitted. Anyway long story short something to do with ignition shorting and battery and now being £175 lighter in the pocket :( But thanks for the help anyway :)

Back