Engine conversion into k10

clackie

Ex. Club Member
hey i'm just wondering if it atall possible to out a 1,8ltr engine out of a blue bird or primera in it? the old 1.2 lump blew up on me 2day and i rele dont want to get a new car but could do with a bit more power
cheers dave

yes its possibe but not a straight swap. the engine mounts need to be fabricated, gear links, drive shafts, wiring loom and ecu need to be fitted if using injection also a fuel pump requires fitting.
Along with the exhaust system, cooling and fuel lines, easy bits.

Ill do it, and I'll also have that old 1.2 engine from you. Your only in oxford! I still also reckon that the 1.3 K11 would be one of the best engines to try.. Still get cheap tax then too...

Ill do it, and I'll also have that old 1.2 engine from you. Your only in oxford! I still also reckon that the 1.3 K11 would be one of the best engines to try.. Still get cheap tax then too...

how much then ed? ive always felt the cg13 would be ideal for the k10

it has been romoured that the front and rear engine mounts line up, not surprising as the k11 has the same rear mount as the k10 :p

lol mate this ideas been floating around since ive been here at least 5 years just no one can be bothered to do it! myself included :p

well that would be telling!

oh you mean a CG13 conversion. I've dreamt about having one in my k10, on throttle bodies and a megasquirt. does that count?

Back