16.05@86mph 60ft 2.500
15.78@86mph 60ft 2.360
15.92@87mph 60ft 2.480
15.89@87mph 60ft 2.410
15.96@81mph 60ft 2.460
16.00@86mph 60ft 2.480
15.87@85mph 60ft 2.380

thanks

Interesting, slightly better than I expected, where on the track was this done? You need to get to santa pod now so we can compare with the others here.

Ok its a very good start thats for sure. If you can, see if you can get to SP at sometime this year. I'll be there later this year when the ST is back on form :)

yes i am happy with it to say the least. the tuned 172 owner wasnt very happy i told him my car was standard when i beat him by a couple of tenths :D

SP is allready on the cards my friends are arranging it soon so i will report back when i get another set of times.

the only bad thing about elvington is the price's it was £45 for the day and £5 to hire a helmet.... and it there is restrictions on the sound of cars running no more than 103db can run they have to keep within this limit to keep running on elvington.

Hmmm, they're better than my times-is your car modified? I could only get a 16.7 @ 84mph from mine at the 'Pod on a dry but cold day-saying that my front tyres are well on the way out. What timing gear was used?

I'm finding that 15.87 a bit unbelievable though, especially as my mate in a 2.0 Focus running in the region of 150bhp at the wheels (dyno proven, just can't remember the exact figure) was only doing 15.9's on the same day as me at the 'Pod.

I posted about my day at the Pod in a thread further down.

im sorry but thats quite hard to believe, my mate's honda civic type R could manage 15.3-4 sec on average and the micra is about a couple tenths slower?? and you beat a tuned 197? sure he didnt de-tune his clio?! hehe

But are these on the same track? I'm also with the majority that they seem too fast however, you cannot compare different tracks (or quite often even the same tracks in different weather conditions).

Either that or this K12 has Nitrous which he is not telling about... lol

I think Elvington's 1/4 mile is a bit short... :D

Think you need to bring it down the 'Pod mate, would be interesting running some back to back.

like i said i will be going to pod.

the mate i went with in his fiesta zeetec s (older shape) ran 16.00 all day too

elvington is pretty open if you havent been before and the wind on sunday at some points was 45mph (head wind) i dont think i ran at that point all my runs was early in the day before the sun got out properly.

you cant expect all 160sr's to run 16.8's all engines are different drivers and tracks,its hard to compare them all at the same time.

did you use your ESP? what tire pressures did you run?

Turning ESP off doesn't make a difference, it doesn't turn the traction control off. Mine still kicks in (albeit not as aggressively) even with the ESP off.

Tyre pressures I was running about 30psi in the front, dropped them down from the manufacturers stated 34psi.

Appreciated that drivers (that was my first time at the Pod and with launching practise a hundreth or so could come off) and engines are different (mine is going on a rolling road in a couple of weeks) but not to the extent of nearly a second...my mate in the 200bhp + 170 reckons those times are a bit out as well.

But hey ho, we'll judge when you come to the Pod. :D Post up here when you're going and I'll come up, will be interesting running them back to back!

lmao ESP doesnt make a difference ..

you can have full throttle and it wil contoll your wheelspin for you.
take it off and spin through 1st and 2nd if you want

lmao ESP doesnt make a difference ..

you can have full throttle and it wil contoll your wheelspin for you.
take it off and spin through 1st and 2nd if you want

ESP=Electronic Skid Protection. Not traction control. Why then, even when I flick the ESP Off, do I feel the traction control cutting in when I hoof it in first on a dry road, or on a wet road in second, and does the TCS light go nuts flashing on the dashboard? It's also got an electronic diff, which does much the same job as a mechanical one, just not quite as well. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of. It still spins up, but not as manically as when I took the TCS fuse out...unfortunatly that also controls the power steering!

I haven't provoked the actual ESP into action while I've been driving-either I'm not brutal enough (but I do drive it quite hard-just not sideways...) or it's fairly unintrusive.

Driver aids p*ss me off anyway-I'd rather even not have ABS, especially as the Micra one seems a bit eager. But hey, normal driving, and it'll save skins.

its Electronic Stability Programme....lmao skid protection

it even says in the book it helps on snow and ice to give traction it cuts throttle when the wheels spin

you dont drive hard thats probably why you got 16.8 by looking after your car with slow changes etc

i will post the pic of timeslip up but what wil that prove? it could be anyones

i dont know what sort of people come onto this site but why do you think anyone would try to lie about a micra's quarter mile time.

come on son dont get into a bad mood, we're not accusing you of lying. its just i dont think this sort of time has ever been achieved by a bog standard k12 thats all.

post them results up then we can start saying to people our micras are doing 15s.......up yours! lol know what i mean?!

isnt my word good enough?

mile.jpg

The is no question of your results, there are no other known micras at elvington to compare against. You HAVE to expect this kind of doubts when new people make a claim like this. It is an exceptional time, which is why its being questioned.

Alright alright I was having an offday! Lol!!!

Maybe a Santa Pod meet could be arranged, would be good to meet people off here and at the same time settle this. ;)

Would be interesting to see Micra's of all sorts blatting up the strip.

Right, looked up the ESP out of interest in the manual. Turning the ESP off turns off:

-The traction control
-The ESP itself

However, the ABS and the Brake Limited Slip Differential (and the light will go spacco if this kicks in) still operate.

Wheelspin is generally negative however a small amount CAN be good to stop the car bogging down (the Micra is not as bad for this as some admittedly due to the short gearing). The Focus I had before was bad for bogging, and not just off the line. The long gearing strangled it.

Trouble with traction control systems is they can go overboard on cutting the power so much you just end up bogging right down. The Micra's is too eager, especially when accelerating out of a tight, damp bend in second, it often cuts in when there's virtually no wheel slippage. In this instance, an on the ball human who can balance wheelspin with bogging down (as well as mechanical sympathy-how do you like your clutch slip?) I reckon would achieve better times than the blunt instrument of relying on traction control on a road car, which is geared toward safety first and the side of caution. Launch control, on the other hand... :D

But no, you're God, thou shalt listen. ;)

I guessed as much...Lol.

I'm gonna have a play around with mine tomorrow and see how well the launching is with it on/off under the exact same road/weather conditions.

its best to see how it works in the wet.

its one thing less to think about on the line knowing your right foot is controlled by a computer

with more power i think it would bog down with esp on and you would have to srive it yourself for the best launch..
we will soon see as i have big plans and loads of stuff on its way..

Back