• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Charlie

Ok so most of you know the history between me and Charlie :) but no matter how hard I try (and in all honesty I'm not trying all that hard) to get rid of her and move on to bigger things, she just won't go

So here she is in here current state :)

7221552006_f97126f0b9.jpg

7221549190_e27b0cff24.jpg

7221546086_9a93fd62a1.jpg

7221543122_e38ef38bc8.jpg

7221540418_3753b0e417.jpg

Not going to go in to detail of any plans purely because if something happens I'll post it here :)

OP
OP
karlj
been thinking about what i want from the car whilst keeping family friendly and I've always loved the look of

7222067998_2c7cee0efd.jpg

7222068118_a96abca869.jpg

just without the sponsorship decals or the light brows

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Wow never seen the first one. Instant classic. The second one is from the japanese garage team "Active" I think

OP
OP
karlj
Well to carry on another thread I started I think I've found a set of wheels, I know I said no to Rota's but I keep having dirty thoughts about a set of bronze Grid V's

7235089174_424b740020.jpg

It's such a shame that everyone rolls on Rota's

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member

Good old Cisco's trip out to Japan all those years ago.

Getting things from Japan is easy once you know what it is you want, but finding someone out there to help you track something down is a royal PITA and something I have yet to master.

Would quite like to get my hands on the exhaust manifold used in the BCrews race car below.

normal_P3300007.JPG

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Yeah tell me about it thank god for Nathan, he's an absolute legend when it comes to getting parts from japan

He is if you know what you want and it's a straight sale. I have yet to succeed in tracking anything down through him, but that's probably because there is little in it for him profit wise.

I will prod around the AUS forums and see who people like kovert.k11 use, as he always seems to be able to get just about anything from Japan.....

OP
OP
karlj
Well I've been doing some maths and on a 7" wide wheel the rears need an offset of +ve 20 and the fronts +ve 30 to keep them flush with the body work, which puts the Rota's out of contention

OP
OP
karlj
Decided to temp fate with a couple of stickers..... I know I said to Will and Guy that I wasn't going to but we all make mistakes lol

OP
OP
karlj
Decided it was time to see what's happening with my fueling so bought a air/fuel gauge, just need to wait for it to turn up :)

OP
OP
karlj
Had a couple of nice packages turn up earlier this week, gti brakes and matiz suspension so the suspension will be getting fitted this weekend and I'm going to test fit the gti calipers with my 14" wheels to see if they fit. Don't really want to run on 15's because of the stance that I want :)

OP
OP
karlj
Just battled with an old beat up corsa for its rear shocks, suffering slightly for heat stroke I almost paid £30 for the pair when they were £15 lol

OP
OP
karlj
Did some work on Saturday only just got some pictures

Front sitting quite nicely now
7287583380_0074d5e4ba.jpg

Rear needs to come down a little but that'll be a job for next weekend
7287678032_192faec0da.jpg

Also didn't get round to installing the A/F gauge so another job for the future :)

frank

Club Member
didn't get round to installing the A/F gauge so another job for the future :)
here,s that pic karl :)
1 long wire from the gauge to the middle black wire (i should have soldered it to the engine loom on the other side of the plug, rather than the short loom connected to the lambda tbh)

P5280096.JPG

OP
OP
karlj
Cheers Frank

These are the signal wires on mine (I've got another two but they're irrelevant for the moment)

7289076824_48075618f4.jpg

I know what each wire does red=live, black=earth and blue=signal

But I haven't got a clue which wire does what for the actual lambda
Pink (with silver dot), white, red and black striped
7289137212_dff53b551c.jpg

Also if anyone knows where the wires go to, to the ecu it'd be much appreciated

OP
OP
karlj
So the not so white looking one, think I'll go with my idea of lengthening the wire rather than hunting for the right one in the cabin

OP
OP
karlj
So after swapping to corsa b rear struts they keep topping out so to solve the problem I broke out the electric height adjuster :)

Before:
7302782952_7156afb1a2.jpg

After:
7302787218_379d5c2191.jpg

Nah only joking that's without any springs :) only took a third of a coil off each spring so not really noticeable, may end up taking a little more off before the end of the week

i never found mine very good of them afr gauges.... if lean it goes all the way lean or rich it went all the way to rich.... hope you have better luck dude... did you get my text?

OP
OP
karlj
Decided to get some proper springs to replace my rears, quick trip to Oxford resulted in.....

7321646584_9905760a26.jpg

HOL 80mm springs

Quick note to anyone driving around Oxford in a low car watch out for the speed bumps they're dangerously steep

lee k0011

I hate rust :(
I was thinking about getting some of them so i can sit mine better on the ssr's..How did your little mechanic get on with fitting them ??