Change alternator belt?

Hiya,

Been having an issue with my battery light flashing on when I accelerate hard. It's become more often this past week or so. Decided to Google it, and someone said they had the same issue so went to Nissan to check it out. Alternator belt worn or loose.

I know cock all about cars, but may as well learn now. Is it a simple enough job to do yourself? My brothers say they know a heap about cars but I'd rather get instructions from someone who's done it with this specific type, if that makes sense.

Any help would be much appreciated..

Last edited:
If its petrol,then car gotta be jacked up an on axle stand on driver side. Remove wheel and arch liner,remove the front indicator grills as well. From the front loosen the belt tensoiner by turning clockwise,then back to the wheel arch remove the tensioner pulley,but be careful not to loose any of the parts and remember which order all bits are arranged on the pulley. Belt then comes away,put new belt in alternator and refit the rest,but put some locktight on the nut fot the tensioner or like me you'll have it fly off taking the water pump and alternator belt with it lol. When alls back on tighten the belt through the grill by turning anti clockwise. Replace arch liner wheel ect,job done. If however its a diesel,go to a garage,as engines gotta be dropped to do it!