cg10 vs other generic 1.2-1.3L engines

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
:glare: I'm not willing to spend lots of money on my k'11's engine.

my friends all drive a '94 clio , '96 punto SX75 , a GETZ ... all engines range from 1.1 to 1.299cc ....mine's a CG10, which I know it stocks at 54brake!

I've fitted a simple induction kit and changed the backbox too. Was willing to change the manifold and put a flange to replace the Cat and put it back in place once every 2 years for the MOT.

the punto 75 SX comes in 75bhp and if I'm not mistaken weighs around 930Kgs ... while mine weighs aroudn 1230Kgs...and is a 54 brake! fwn

can I ever take him up? every time we drive by his accelerates more than mine, I love my micra I truly do. but if I'll never be able to compete with my mate's cars.. . it's not spending on performance..

what'd you all say ?

by the way, I really need lowering springs... where can I get a set for cheap pleasE? I've checked at rallynuts...but they're expensive : < !

awaiting back your reply guys!

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
the micra wieghs 800kgs roughly you should be able to do it mines a 1.0L and i thrashed a 1.4 corsa with just a k&n cone filter, just bear in the mind the 1.0L thrives on revs

Shero

Ex. Club Member
mate, no offence, but you should kill all the cars youv mentioned. and why does it weigh 1230kg??? you got a big install or something?
I race alot and im telling you the micra will stand up to alot of bigger cars.
As i always say, get asmuch weight out as you can it makes the diffrence, and its a free mod.
The micra im drivin just now only has a cg10 and ive beaten puntos / lupos/ polos / corsas ect.
Give it some beans man and rev the baws out of it, the engines unbreakable!!! lol, :D

OP
OP
funky2nite

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
wow mates you 're what I needed to hear!!!

I don't currently have a rev meter although love to have one...
but I rev it quite a bit whilst driving these out...but fear than keeping reving especially on the first gear to beat the damn punto! but I give up and put in the second gear ..afraid from damaging the engine..

my k11's a 5dr, from where did you get the weight info?? In my logbook the wieght of the car is listed 1200 kgs or somumfin like that..

really did you beat those cars... but depends their model..as I already mentioned that punto I'm talking about is 75bhp stock and he's put a K & N which in my opinion made large diffnce espeically in the noise...

come on... this is the fuel I need to bust my mates out...! there goes micra power!! I rev it further ?

mate, no offence, but you should kill all the cars youv mentioned. and why does it weigh 1230kg??? you got a big install or something?
I race alot and im telling you the micra will stand up to alot of bigger cars.
As i always say, get asmuch weight out as you can it makes the diffrence, and its a free mod.
The micra im drivin just now only has a cg10 and ive beaten puntos / lupos/ polos / corsas ect.
Give it some beans man and rev the baws out of it, the engines unbreakable!!! lol, :D

which are the main components making up lots of weight? loool not planning in changing my micra to hill climb..but obvious weight I'll be looking forward to get rid of... btw I've got a 12" sub which weighs just as the spare wheel does together with it's box.. do I remove that ? I hate it any way..it doesn't make good noise.. Shark sound is so lame!

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
youll know when to stop revving it and change gear, it will hit the limiter! :grinning: and to be honest you should be able to beat those other cars, but dont go racing on public roads especially breaking the speed limits always do it on a private road or track im not encouraging you to drive illegally

OP
OP
funky2nite

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
youll know when to stop revving it and change gear, it will hit the limiter! :grinning: and to be honest you should be able to beat those other cars, but dont go racing on public roads especially breaking the speed limits always do it on a private road or track im not encouraging you to drive illegally

you serious mate? do I keep going on the gear till the limiter ? fwn

that I think would harm the engine...or the japanese engineering resist our revving to the limit driving ?

don't worry about the roads mate, still thanks for the advice..

btw if I buy lowering springs... alone.. NO panhard rod , no sturt bar & now lower srut brace... would my handling improve..? I already go hard on corners with standard shocks and springs..and find it overwhelming.. but it looks bad on standard stuff as it looks tilted a lot for other drivers...

I'd like to buy all the parts for handling mentioned..but it's super expensive ..to buy the hwole whiteline kit my god!

Shero

Ex. Club Member
mate, i had 35mm springs and it was amazing ( not wanting to start another pointless debate like last week about springs here) then i took them off and cut them down more and i swear its amazing, its like its on rails. all my handling upgrades are a set of toyo proxes wider wheels and my springs.
Obviously my strip job helps too. i have nothing in the back carpet / spare tyre / rear seats / all plastic shtie all gone. so id say a big yes to getting the sub box away!!! lol :p
You will notice the diffrence with just springs!!! :D

i got the weight from the haynes manual. all micras are between 775kg - 870kg so i dont know who got the 1200 noncence! lol. :D
and yeh, rev it till it stops pulling.lol, you get 55 out of 2nd till it limits. i push mine all the time. I take care of it aswell tho! lol.

Hope that helps! lol :D

Just go out on a quiet road by yourself, go through the gears revving it up and you'll get a good feel where the power band ends, you'll get to know where the power is in no time , then you don't run the risk of hitting the limiter and looking like a novice lool

Btw my 100% standard 1.0ltr k10 beats just about any NA <1.4 untill about 55mph that is :p

Hyundai

Buy & Sell Member
Problem with pre-1996 Micra, they don't come standard with anti-roll bars, which really do help. Since mine is a 1996 SR, I have them. Your Micra weighs 830KGS + the weight of you.

Based on the weight and power you've given. The punto rates at 81.94BHP Per Ton.

The Micra rates at 66.10BHP Per Ton. A Micra 1.3 rates at 91BHP Per Ton, so I would suggest you to upgrade to a 1.3 Micra. Then again, you should be careful driving on public roads.

If you rev' each gear to 6K revs, then you could probably take these cars, hypothetically speaking.

OP
OP
funky2nite

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
Problem with pre-1996 Micra, they don't come standard with anti-roll bars, which really do help. Since mine is a 1996 SR, I have them. Your Micra weighs 830KGS + the weight of you.

Based on the weight and power you've given. The punto rates at 81.94BHP Per Ton.

The Micra rates at 66.10BHP Per Ton. A Micra 1.3 rates at 91BHP Per Ton, so I would suggest you to upgrade to a 1.3 Micra. Then again, you should be careful driving on public roads.

If you rev' each gear to 6K revs, then you could probably take these cars, hypothetically speaking.

if not mistaken....mine has got an anti roll one on the rear...even though it's 14 yrs old :D

I'll have to give your suggestions a try! cheers guys!

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
lowering also improves fuel consumpsion ;) due to better aerodynamics.

i get alot of stick off my mates saying there 1.0 saxo's are faster than my car, i just tell them there wrong. then they say ''i will race you'' and i just so no because i dont drive like a nutter like them.

now if it was in track, i would waste them!

even had one of my mates say his standard 1.0 k11 will out handle mine! and beat mine lol. i was like whhhaaattt??? :S

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
if you lower the car you should be fine but its allways best to get an adjustable panhard rod because the body of the car tilts slightly to the axel. my handling at the moment is amazing just because i got some new lighter wheels with more of an offset and new tyres also with wheel spacers and thats with standard suspension. to be fair i thrash my car aswel but i do look after it, nissan engines are practically unbreakable to an extent :p just a few suttle mods can do all the difference

Baz

Ex. Club Member
:glare: I'm not willing to spend lots of money on my k'11's engine.

my friends all drive a '94 clio , '96 punto SX75 , a GETZ ... all engines range from 1.1 to 1.299cc ....mine's a CG10, which I know it stocks at 54brake!

I've fitted a simple induction kit and changed the backbox too. Was willing to change the manifold and put a flange to replace the Cat and put it back in place once every 2 years for the MOT.

the punto 75 SX comes in 75bhp and if I'm not mistaken weighs around 930Kgs ... while mine weighs aroudn 1230Kgs...and is a 54 brake! fwn

can I ever take him up? every time we drive by his accelerates more than mine, I love my micra I truly do. but if I'll never be able to compete with my mate's cars.. . it's not spending on performance..

what'd you all say ?

by the way, I really need lowering springs... where can I get a set for cheap pleasE? I've checked at rallynuts...but they're expensive : < !

awaiting back your reply guys!

How does a 1litre k11 weigh roughly the same as say an Evo 2?fwn If you put a 1.3 engine in that you will destroy all the cars mentioned above I had a super s and a mate was driving a 1.6 alfa 156 and the micra sailed past it

OP
OP
funky2nite

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
lowering also improves fuel consumpsion ;) due to better aerodynamics.

i get alot of stick off my mates saying there 1.0 saxo's are faster than my car, i just tell them there wrong. then they say ''i will race you'' and i just so no because i dont drive like a nutter like them.

now if it was in track, i would waste them!

even had one of my mates say his standard 1.0 k11 will out handle mine! and beat mine lol. i was like whhhaaattt??? :S

will have to try this desperately.. i jsut need to find some lowering springs now ..

wow , what you're saying is remarkabbly on the micra hehe espec on the tiny cg10..

that engine translplant worries me a little guys! cos if things get till there I think it's half way to further transplants... I'd rather take the best of this enegine, it's one of few with low mileage and well driven.. for the last 13 yrs