car stereo skipping songs

My stereo has started skipping songs, at first it was doing this randomly so i thought the player was broken, so i replaced it with a new mp3 stereo. When sd card is inserted the player starts skipping songs every 10s. can anyone help as this is becoming a problem :)

Change your taste in music... the car disagrees :rolleyes::p
Only kidding.... if you've changed the cd player then logic suggests its either your sd card or bad files on the sd card :)

lol it was doing it when i had the original cd player in the car so thats why i changed it, its a nightmare to be honest cause i cant work out what it is

I was going to say....have you got steering wheel controls?
...they might be stuck on skip?...or shorting somehow

...but if you've changed the player, and it's still happening? o_O ....car doesn't like your tunes LOL
unless you managed to link the steering wheel controls up to the new unit?

I found that a couple of tracks on my CD3 and CD5 (I have 6 disc changer) have begun jumping/skiping mid track
I'm attributing it to the current heat, 32c today, as this is the only time it has happened
...on cooler days the same tracks that skipped before are now fine :p

The only other thing I can think, if the same problem happened with both the original and aftermarket stereo, would suggest a connection error of some kind
did you use the same loom/adapters/connectors?...is it possible that a wire/wires are damaged at all?

Back