Cambelt or chain?

Hi,

I've ordered a new Micra 1.2 to be delivered at end of May.

As an afterthought I asked the salesman if it still had chain driven camshafts. He was positive that they had gone over to rubber belts.

Is he right or wrong?

The 1.2 is still chain for sure... but chains are better :laugh:
delivery in 8 weeks time? with not many people buying this year you would think waiting lists would be way shorter than that

Thanks lg1971 and andyseadog.

I prefer a chain to a rubber band.

8 weeks delivery? I think they start to build one when you buy one

yeah! they start extracting the raw metal from the ground at that rate! surely they should have an awful lot of overstock now due to lack of sales... unless you specified some out of the norm' accessories?

Nope, completely bog standard. I wanted it ASAP because I'm scrapping my mega-millage Mazda Xedos 2.0 V6 Sport to take advantage of the Nissan scheme. The Mazda MOT runs out tomorrow and road tax at end of April.

Do you think I'll notice a difference in performance ?

Nope, completely bog standard. I wanted it ASAP because I'm scrapping my mega-millage Mazda Xedos 2.0 V6 Sport to take advantage of the Nissan scheme. The Mazda MOT runs out tomorrow and road tax at end of April.

Do you think I'll notice a difference in performance ?
no, quite simply the micra will be the fastest car you have ever driven... well you will think it is once you check your bank balance after refuelling (Y)

Back