Calling all MSC members, Find Frank's Car!

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
Hi all,

as you may or may not know, Frank's car got stolen, which is just unacceptable, and i think with all the useful information and help that Frank has provided on this site, we owe him.

there are only a few things the thieves can do with the car, they could joy ride it, which means it may be abandoned somewhere, they could cash it in for scrap, or they could try and sell it, whole or parts.

so if anyone sees it in a scrappy, or by the side of the road, or any parts on ebay then report back.

the car looks like this:

attachment.php

as you can see, its not your average k11, all the parts are custom by frank, so they wouldn't be hard to spot. keep your eyes out, it has to turn up somewhere.

many of us have had our micras damaged, vandalized or stolen, and very few of us get closure from this. i have had 3 of my cars vandalized, and two of them were damaged to the point they had to be scrapped. i would have loved to find the people who did it.

anyway, lets see if we can find this one, its unique with good parts that would be worth selling, it has to turn up somewhere, in a scrapyard or on ebay, i am not even sure if you can take it to a scrapyard without paperwork, and the same with selling it etc, so it shouldn't be too hard to find, and there is a lot of members on here always on the look out for micra stuff.

I live a half hour drive from Frank, so I am always on the lookout, I always check out any blue micra I see now.

good work guys. i wish i could do more, but unless they export to Sweden i wont be able to look out for it. but i am checking ebay

Ive posted up on some of the west mids forums a few months back. Not heard anything yet, fingers crossed for Frank! (Y)

i swear i saw it the other day but it was on standard wheels an a diffrent reg was on the way to work an running late so couldn`t check anything more i`ll keep an eye out for it again though

interesting, did it have the smooth bumper? it would be awesome if you could get its new reg

it literally went past me on a 40mph bridge so i didn`t get much of a look i think it had standard bumpers but can`t be sure i know it had led`s in the front grille though cuz thats what caught my eye

Either guests have been watching his thread for a while and waited for a time for it to be parked up alone? picked up on a recovery truck and parts sold else where. Or its been resprayed, wheels changed and getting used. Just a few guesses in the pot.

My guess is it has been stripped and crushed. No one is going to drive around in a stolen car. :down:

My guess is that therw cannot be many petrol stations with LPG pumps, why not ring around a few in the local area and ask a few questions.

thanks nex and co (Y) but i think you,ll find its been stripped and crushed long ago :( (for the engine probably)
the car itself was a bit of a shed tbh, but i was getting people knocking my door asking about the wheels, and i,m still getting pestered about the ones on this red car when i go around the yards in brum :eek: (these are stock width and stock tyres ffs fwn )

Attachments

• SDC11868.JPG
    SDC11868.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 358
good work guys. i wish i could do more, but unless they export to Sweden i wont be able to look out for it. but i am checking ebay

Same here, I'm in Norway now but I always kept an eye out for it, especially when I was tooling around in the white one. As Frank said, it'll be long gone by now.....the window for finding cars is alas usually a short one :(

but surely it would have been a huge effort for little gain if all they wanted was the engine? it seems pathetic really, my thoughts is that it is some chav that likes the wheels (they are awesome wheels) and thought they could sell the bits, so as long as we keep a look out and see if any parts turn up, at least it would stop anyone making money from it.

dam i found franks car
but 350,000,000 coke cans wont do him any good
DEDICATED MSC members can click the WHATS NEW button when loging on every time so they dont miss any HOT micra news,,better than bringing up big sadness again and again which makes tru micra lovers more STRESSED

this sux, i have seen so many people become victims of crime and the criminals always get away with it. i hate that they just do this stuff and gain from it. it encourages people to be bad and just steal stuff from other people. and i have no money at all at the moment, because i am honest and i am looking for a job, it makes me feel like i should just go out and steal people's cars, it would be so easy and i know i would never get caught.

there is also the stolen to order, if thats the case all parts would have been sold before car was stolen, I didnt steal cars but was privi to how and where they took them back in the 80,s around here, and from driving it in to been totally striped out was less than than it takes to have a good night out. there would not have been even a shell left once the stihl saw gets to grips with it. or on the other hand it could still be in one piece sitting in a council lock up garage.

yea there is some mad stuff that criminals do, i knew a guy or friend of a friend of a friend, but he unhooked a microlite mini plane from the back of some guy's car while he was at the lights, it was in a look up garage and he offered it to me for £400. i just thought of the poor guy that lost his pride and joy...

I agree Seb, that hadn't occurred to me either. Detective Constable Eliot is on the case (Y).

I agree Seb, that hadn't occurred to me either. Detective Constable Eliot is on the case (Y).

its a good thought yes i agree
i also agree that theirs payed public servants that are well paid to investigate for a good 12 odd hours a shift and their petrol is paid by the public also and they would know all lpg places to check and all likely theives in the area and have access to all the area cctv. SO if they were bothered by franks loss and my previous stolen k11 1.0 lx
i didnt even get the blood on my car checked by forensicks team all they want to do is give me points
:laugh: :laugh:

its a good thought yes i agree
i also agree that theirs payed public servants that are well paid to investigate for a good 12 odd hours a shift and their petrol is paid by the public also and they would know all lpg places to check and all likely theives in the area and have access to all the area cctv. SO if they were bothered by franks loss and my previous stolen k11 1.0 lx
i didnt even get the blood on my car checked by forensicks team all they want to do is give me points
:laugh: :laugh:

spot on! this is why i made the thread, because the police never ever do anything, so many of my cars damaged and all i get is a letter saying "sorry to hear you have been a victim of crime, we are not going to do anything, but if you find anything out let us know"

we can actually do stuff,

spot on! this is why i made the thread, because the police never ever do anything, so many of my cars damaged and all i get is a letter saying "sorry to hear you have been a victim of crime, we are not going to do anything, but if you find anything out let us know"

we can actually do stuff,

yes it seems we have to do our unpaid bit:grinning:

i hope at least some of it turns up, if we could track down the people who took it that would be great.... see if they run well with LPG in them!

Back