Boot build?

C

cazxx

Hey iv got a JBL GTO 1200B sub, and a GTO 75.2 amp. but they aint attached to anything in my boot, so they keep moving about while i drive, especially the amp, and im scared of it breaking, i wanna get something secure to attach them to. do u kno where i can get this done, cuz im not good with woodwork etc, i drive a nissan micra vibe k11. 1996

iv been told get valcro but thts too easy lol

Velcro isnt really strong enough to hold the equipment down. It should really be screwed/bolted to the car in some way. How about screwing the amp to the back of the seats? You could always do the same with the subwoofer box. Otherwise mount them on the boot floor, or onto some wood onto the boot floor (held down with screws/brackets).

The most important thing is getting it secured, as if your involved in a crash, the sub box/amp can easily take your head off......

A false floor is a good start, cut a large piece of MDF to fit in the boot and bolt the sub and amp to it, this'll prevent movement and also make theft attempts much harder!

Grant said:
if you wanted to go for velcro halford do a heavy duty bit. i know a few people that have used that.

Still not a good idea, it wont withstand crash forces!

But if you want to just do this, do it, its not my car/life I have to worry about!

Velco is bad idea no matter how strong, if you can pull it apart then how would it hold stuff down when you dead stop from 50mph!

False floor is the best basic idea IMO

false floor won't need bolting down.

Gary can back me up here :p but mine didn't budge with seats up, and is a real pain to get in and out coz it's such a tight fit

How are you supposed to attach the false floor to the car? Just drill into the chasis of the car......?

Back