Bonnet Pins

Because my bonnet rattles around when I'm at speed I want to secure it somewhat better. Has anyone fitted bonnet pins, and if so have you got a How-To on fitting them? :)

I've fitted them onto my micra mate. On the underside of your bonnet you will find a large hole either side through the first skin which lines up perfectly with the beam that runs across the front of the car behind the lights.. You should aim to bolt the receiving part of the clips to That beam and come up through them holes..after marking where they gotta go I used a 10mm drill bit to bore one hole either side of the beam to allow the receiver to be bolted to the beam! U should then beable to lower your bonnet so they hit the second skin... If you then apply a bit of force the receivers will leave a small dent either side on your bonnet. You then need to get the pins/plates and line the rectangle on the plates up with the dent and mark with a marker....you should be left with a small rectangle on either side of the bonnet that you need to remove. I then used a dremol to cut the rectangles out however I should imagine a 6mm drill bit will also do the trick..be real careful when doing this because if you slip you will gauge your bonnet!! When drilled..lower your bonnet back on to the receivers that you've already installed and ensure that they slide through the bonnet with ease....you may need to ever so slightly bend the receivers to suit. Next u want to put the pins/plates over the receiver, slide the pins through, square up and mark the 3 holes to fix the bonnet plates in position! Drill these with a 3mm drill bit and rivet the plates to the bonnet..job done :) don't know if that's much help to you mate but it's a hard one to explain. When you come to doing it it's way easier than it sounds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back