Blxxdy hell

Had to remove back seat in my 160sr, as the seat was stuck down, due to a brojen belt mechanism.

Discoverred the back seats are on runners, and the seat itself is mounted on a box tubular steel frame.

Was astounded by the weight of it. Am a strong bloke, but could only just lift it.

It looks and feels like a sub frame.

Suppose nissan preferred the heavy 'weight so the sr used a similar set up to the c+c.

Tempted to leave it out.

Does the rear seat move back and forward on the runners?
Yes, it does in mine. Didnt realise in 3 years ive owned it. Given the substancial weight, size of the frame, and mountings, would think it does add additional rigidity. Not sure whether its needed though. Nissan blatantly added it, to give it additional weight, so same suspension and wheel set ups as the more popular c+c. Shame, without it, and a bit more thought, it could have been made into a proper hot hatch.

BIG tip. Our cars are getting on now. I hadnt run a fuel injector cleaner through mine for a year or so. Just put one through, wow, made such a difference, not only to acceleration, but running and sound of engine. Feels like new, and like it wants to be driven faster.

160sr isnt a fast car, but boy it can be driven fast. The handling is so good. Is what still puts a smile on my face.

There is a very long motorway entrance near me. Its a very long bend, almost 360 degrees. I go into it at 60mph, and dont let my foot off the accelerator. No steering adjustments needed, no wallowing. I love to gain as much distance from the cars behind as possible. Its usually 200m 🤣. Doesnt matter whats behind. Dont know what its max is. The 160 is such a well balanced car, with pinpoint steering. If ive underestimated, i can always yank on the steering wheel, and it does what i want it to.

My dad had a 1.4 sport when they first came out. I wasnt driving at the time. As a passenger, thought the handling was stunning. Is why i got one. Has the same chassis is the clio which explains the exceptional handling.

Imagine taking out back seat would make it noticeably quicker. Aftermarket alloys would as well', as originals are bloody heavy.
I took the back seat of mine off back in 2015. Due soundproofing idea, partially done now.
Back seat never went to the vehicle again. I have a 'micro'-van!🙃 I don't need to carry more than one passenger nowadays...
Have aftermarket alloys and German back exhaust, K&N air filter and self modified cold air intake.
My Icra moves nicely with modifications!😉

if you want to reduce the weight and keep the rear seats get some from the 1.2/1.4 basic models. They are only the foam and the seatbelts. nothing fancy!

edit: and if you want to add rigidity i found this brace bars https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/products/okuyama-695-144-1?_pos=22&_sid=11d024100&_ss=r

Mine is a 1998 1300 cc lightweight basic micra, now on 66K, & it is plenty quick enough for me to keep up with the traffic & enjoy cutting up freaking out shocking those cheeky enough to try & overtake me in traffic queues.

Happy Days. :cool:

Back