Battlefield 2 online playing help

goldstar0011

Ex. Club Member
Started enjoying Battlefield 2 online recently but keep being plagued with problems.

Firstly, the game can be jerky, like, I'll turn a corner then it'll jump back like I never turned it?
Am getting a high ping alot, all other internet programs are turned off, reset router and modem several times.

Rarely have any problems with my ISP and other FPS online playing.

Also, am on 4MB Cable connection, using this speed test I get results of

Speed Test Results
Downstream 1,007.8 Kbps ( = 1.0 Mbps )
Upstream 308.5 Kbps ( = 0.3 Mbps )

This is best I've got, this right?

upload looks correct. Download isnt. from the sounds of it, id guess you were getting high packet loss, but without seeing it myself i couldnt tell you. The game probably has an inbuilt net diag tool to show your conn stats. Try and find one to see if it can alert you to any potential problems.

no paddy its not your confusing mega bits with mega bytes.

Gary has 4Mega-bit cable. But he is only getting just under 1mega bit.

hmmm, I'm on a 1mb connection and got this from that site as my results.

Downstream 941.1 Kbps ( = 0.9 Mbps )
Upstream 239.2 Kbps ( = 0.2 Mbps )

So I think your's is a little dodgy Goldstar, though I have no idea what lol

BF2 is full of bugs to could be the reason.

Try adjusting your video settings in game. My clan recently stopped playing BF2 because we got fed up with the game and lack of support. Every time they released a patch it added another handful of problems. There is no Dice Support for BF2 now since BF2142 has came out. I've played it and its the same old s***.

The game runs fine in Single Player mode and the settings seem fine now after many pain stalking tests.

When it runs fine it's great, hours have passed buy just playing but when the jumps start and I die for it I get very very angry!!

i'd still go ahead and chase up your ISP about download speeds. Im on 2Mbit cable and theses are my results....

Speed Test Results
Downstream 1,997.0 Kbps ( = 2.0 Mbps ) Upstream 241.1 Kbps ( = 0.2 Mbps )

Back