Ball joint replacements

Hi fellas long time no see!

I'm in the middle of pressing out my front bearings (turns out that you really shouldn't drive through water that is over the centre of the wheels... lol) and upon pulling it all apart I've noticed the FLH balljoint is a bit slack. Now I've been told by everyone here that I have to buy a new wishbone.... But that's rubbish. The BJ is quite clearly pressed into the wishbone - therefore it is replaceable.

Has anyone ever pressed them out before and found a suitable replacement? They look suspiciously like N13 BJ's to me.

Thanks!

Ball Joints

You are right it is a very easy job to press the old ball joint out and press the new in. I've do lots at home just using a vice. Repacement ball joints over here cost around 15.00 pounds and there are several after market manufacturers. Lockhead is a big gobal company how make them.

Yeh haven't found any decent suppliers for the wishbones here in Aus. Only Nissan who want my left testicle for them (read $250AUD for wishbone).

My existing bushings are actually OK! Can't believe it but they're not cracking or anything. Perfect condition and I can barely manipulate them into moving.

mph: what manufacturers are we talking of here? I'm almost certainly going to have to chase these because parts for micras just aren't stocked off the shelves here in Oz. And part numbers etc would be fantastic.

Ok on my K11 the balljoint is pressed in but the surrounding metal is also folded over. It CANNOT be replaced on my particular example.

:(

get in touch with the uk sellers on ebay and see if they can supply you, it would probably turn out cheaper than getting them domestically.

Back