Fitting DIALS whitout pre wiring. Specific questions inside.

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Hi everybody
I'm going to get a green Super S dials on next Saturday.
Finally found one in France with bloody KMH on it.

I know there is already many thread about it, I already read them.

My problem is that there is 99.9% of chance that I dont have any wired cable on pin 2 on the ECU (I didnt even had the wires for cig lighter and rear speakers).
My car is LAGOON edition, which is basically the French version of VIBE in UK, low gear, basic wiring loom, and no options.

So even if I install the dials there will be no RPM working. My specific questions are the following:

I know that I will have to run a wire from the ECU pin number 2: (credits to Frank)
sdc10402k.jpg

http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15544&d=1273666989

I believe that the wire have to go on the black left plug behind the RPM meter:
crimp.jpg

, but on which pin exactly ?

Here is a detailed picture of the dials rear if someone could show me:
compteurk.jpg

My other question is : how can I crimp a wire on the black plug? Do you have any idea how to set it ?
Thanks in advance !

Seb

the wire is already there in my vibe seb, but you may need a short link wire down by the ecu (porkpie posted up how to fix it a few weeks ago)
and you dont need to re-calibrate anything :grinning:

Wire, Wire, Who has the wire?! :)

My problem is that there is 99.9% of chance that I dont have any wired cable on pin 2 on the ECU.

I know that I will have to run a wire from the ECU pin number 2: (credits to Frank)
sdc10402k.jpg

I believe that the wire have to go on the black left plug behind the RPM meter:
crimp.jpg

, but on which pin exactly ?

Seb

Ok Seb, you should already have the RPM wire going into the back of the clocks/dials (a blue wire with a black line or black spots) so you don't need to add anything to the clocks, even the basic "L" model have the RPM wire at the clocks.

Bien Seb, vous devriez avoir déjà les TR/MIN télégraphient entrer dans le dos des horloges/cadrans (un fil bleu avec une ligne noire ou un endroits noirs) si vous n'avez pas besoin d'ajouter n'importe quoi aux horloges, même le modèle de "L" fondamental a le fil de TR/MIN aux horloges.

The picture you have of the big white connector is of side 1 and is for an automatic transmission model. There are currently no diagrams of the ECU plug available.

L'image que vous avez du Grand Connecteur Blanc est de côté 1 et est pour un modèle de transmission automatique. Il n'y a pas actuellement de diagramme du bouchon en écus disponible.

The picture you sent me in your email shows the ECU plug with it's protective cover attached, to gain access to the wires you need to unscrew and remove it, then fit it back on again when you have finished.

L'image vous m'avez envoyé votre e-mail montre le bouchon en écus avec c'est la couverture protective attachée, pour gagner l'accès aux fils vous avez besoin de dévisser et enlever il, alors le mettre de retour encore quand vous avez fini.

ecuwireplugedit.jpg

The picture you sent of the Big White Connector shows that it is still bolted to the floor and partly covered with foam. It will be much easier for you to see the wires if you move the foam and unbolt the connector so that you can turn it over and look at both sides.

L'image que vous avez envoyée des Grands spectacles de Connecteur Blancs qu'il est toujours verrouillé au plancher et partiellement couvert avec la mousse. Ce sera beaucoup plus facile pour vous voir les fils si vous déplacez la mousse et dévérouillez le connecteur pour que vous pouvez le tourner et regardez sur les deux côtés.

:upside:

Thanks A LOT for the detailed explanations ! (tho pity the google translation didn't helped at all :laugh: but thanks anyway )

So I made a diagram (had to concentrate and read your post several times switching with pictures in parallel) to sum up:
dialsinstall.gif

Cheers !

Seb

I'm trying to install a rev counter today. If I followed the instructions correctly I run a new wire from here between the redwhite and the redyellow
2012-03-11165131.jpg

Now I don't have a cluster with a tacho in so I piggy back a wire from there to the external gauge (Green) the gauge also has a red and a black which I presume is a it's power supply, so why would it not be working? I have good continuity from a pin pushed in the back of the ecu plug to the instrument plug.
Any help appreciated.

it might not be a strong enough signal for some tacho,s, i would try wiring it direct to the blue dizzy wire first (from the engine bay)

Back