1.6?

AH.K10

K10/K11
I have a 1.6 carb engine out of a 100nx i plan to put into my k10 using a k11 gear box, hubs, shafts ect. I know ill need to use an electric water pump to get the engine in the correct position. Any one think of any reason why this may not work?

custom shafts will cost as much as that water pump, but custom shafts and you can use the nx gearbox which will take larger clutches...

that is a good point but i have no idea if a nx gearbox is similar to micra one for the mounts ect. can get a BOSCH water pump for £90. The k11 box may be better for acceleration and maybe lighter and with the k11 box i will use a k11 flywheel which will be lighter than the 1.6 flywheel. what do you think?

I built all mine without hacking at my micra at all. I'll picture my mounts today and my shafts. And my water pump clearance
My weight balance os/ns is 45/55 with me in 49/51 without
Use the nx subframe for front an rear mounts (it fits the same holes as the oe mount but drill through front crossmember but reinforce it. Then custom engine and box mounts.
No cutting of micra means you can put your ma10 back in anytime :) especially as its the carb model (ga16ds) be warned though.... its rare as rocking horse do do and parts for it near enough dont exist (ie dizzy)

I have thought of a problem. The Dizzy is not a vac advance/ retard and i have not got much wiring or an ecu for it...

I built all mine without hacking at my micra at all. I'll picture my mounts today and my shafts. And my water pump clearance
My weight balance os/ns is 45/55 with me in 49/51 without
Use the nx subframe for front an rear mounts (it fits the same holes as the oe mount but drill through front crossmember but reinforce it. Then custom engine and box mounts.
No cutting of micra means you can put your ma10 back in anytime :) especially as its the carb model (ga16ds) be warned though.... its rare as rocking horse do do and parts for it near enough dont exist (ie dizzy)

you get these pics mate?

Uploaded
Front mount
20130603_214236_zps478cc71b.jpg

Front of the subframe
20130603_214217_zpsf3d3dea2.jpg

Gearbox mount
20130603_214204_zpscd6b3937.jpg

20130603_214141_zps3b29235b.jpg

Engine mount
20130603_214022_zps3bda7664.jpg

20130603_214009_zps1e685f22.jpg

20130603_213958_zpsf5ea4c0a.jpg

Left it alone it ran well. Until yesterday when the dizzy packed in.
I renewed all vac lines.. that was it. It copes well that dizzy

Do you have injectors, ecu etc? If so ga16de. My two ga16s have the vac and 3 wires and the other has just 6 wires on the dizzy

No injectors. It is deff a carb I removed from the mani. I will try and take pics tonight. The dizzy has 4 wires going to it other than the king lead and ht leads. The coil is in the engine block below the dizzy.

Mine used to be on the block I rewired it to the k10 coil ready for an upgraded one :)
Thats strange I wonder what ds you have. From an 100nx? What year was that

No it's not in the car i got it cheap from a guy who breaks cars. I only have the engine carb dizzy and manifolds with a bit of wiring. I plan to use twin webers and fab up an exhaust manifold/ down pipe. It had the round air filter in the top of the carb and lots if egr stuff.

Thinking about it the dizzy has no points but has what looks like a trigger wheel behind the rotor arm. So I think I need a different dizzy.

i dont have an ecu but i guess it did. ill have to work something out. need a different or modified dizzy from another engine.

Leaves you in the same place as me then at the mo :( the ds is a pain to get parts for. I'm going to get a de dizzy and rewire ot to work with a cheap engine management

the o rings are the same and the bit that interacts with the camshaft is the same with the same offet. looks like a winner. ill see if its fits in the head tomorrow. The one i have has a lead with 4 wires coming out of it. I take i wont need these wires as they are for the ecc?

it fits! so the 4 wires coming out of it are redundant? do i just need the king lead, wire up the coil and the vac lines?

best to check the fsm wiring diags tbh, there is usually a 12v+ feed wire, and earth, and a signal wire to trigger the coil :)

I think I have worked it out. I spun the dizzy up and one wire output 0.4v ish but fluctuated so guessing signal wire. One wire is earth and one is gold played which I assume by elimination is the positive.

So if I can get gearbox in original position it's a massive win. I thought if a box from a CG fits the GA16 and a CG engine fits the k10 gearbox and the later k10 5 speed is the same as the early 1.0l 5 speed k11 box then using a 1.0l CG flywheel and k10 gearbox I'm on to a winner.

Back