1.3 cams to a 1.0l engine

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
swapping the 1.3 and 1.0l cams do you need to adjust the timing of the cam to avoid the valve hitting the piston from the further opening? and what difference would putting a 1.3 head and cams on a 1.0l block?

so swapping the head would make no difference and timing up normally should have plenty of valve clearance? do these time up with tools or just timing marks?

Squizza said:
I'm looking into this too belly... heard the inlet 1.3 cam is the best bet!
am I right frank?

Putting in the inlet only improves the midrange pull whereas putting in both improves the top end

Belly93 said:
so swapping the head would make no difference and timing up normally should have plenty of valve clearance? do these time up with tools or just timing marks?

It's easier to just swap the cams than swapping the heads

Only time you'll have any issues is if you loose where the sprockets are meant to be in relation to the chain. Pretty straight forward to take the cams etc apart, as its pretty much all in eye line once the cam covers off.

i think if i did it i would probably strip the whole chain casing off to be safe :) and more than likely paint the chain and the cam so i know where it should be :)

Back