Takes ages to start!

hi guys

having just bought this ive came across another problem.....it takes ages to start first time and my dad said he had to jump it in gear while turning the key to get it going. could this be the leads or plugs? could it be dampness getting in somehow cos once its started it always starts after this with no problems.

regards me

Has the car been started and stopped within a few mins? Moving on/off the drive at night, etc.

Micras do not like this and will be very difficult to start in the morning.

Has the car been started and stopped within a few mins? Moving on/off the drive at night, etc.

Micras do not like this and will be very difficult to start in the morning.

can you explain what Moving on/off the drive at night means?

once the car has been started or driven about it starts first time it seems that when its left overnight when you try start first thing in the morning it takes alot of many turns before it does start. my guess is that the previous owner might have been using wd40 to rid any dampness....do you think i need new plugs or something else?

regards me

What I meant was...
Has the car been started for a very short period of time? For example moving it to a different parking place.

Unless it is run for 5 mins or so to allow it to warm up, the car can be difficult to start the next time you try due to flooding. I believe it goes into a cold start mode and injects lots of petrol soaking the spark plugs.

Someone else was reporting the same thing just yesterday
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=34716

It is not really a fault, just something to be aware of.

Back