gear stick rattle!!!!

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
i've just bought two micra si's, one is a 1.0 (silver) for gettin me to work and back, and a 1.3 (lime green) for the wife.
the 1.3 starts to rattle/buzz for the gear stick shaft when you get to about 80mph. it stops when you touch the shaft and it even does it with no knob on.
anybody got a clue what's causing it, hoping it's just a bush somewhere on shaft.

thanks
silver_si

Hmm, never heard of this before on the K11.

Could jst be lose, and all you'd need to do is tighten it up, but not 100% what could be rattling.

Titch :kungfu:

Nah it's not just an Si thing, I had it on my 1.0 L K11, I think its one of the mounting bolts undernearth the gearbox or something like that, mine only did it in 5th gear above about 50 (I never bothered fixing it, I just developed a habit where I held onto the stick all the time, only just broken that habit now!)

Before you get too worried about the rattle, make sure all the fixing screws around the gear surround are tight, namely the ones under the gear gater surround.

might try nissan as there was a recall on the gear stick surround on the k11, it was a strengthening plate or something that was added.

isn't this the thing were underneath the car, the's a plate that the gear stick knocks on?

yep, also experience this. My brother had the same on a Vauxhall Astra - i know its a different car but it turned out to be a common complaint and changing a rubber gromit in the gear linkage cleared the fault. Maybe there's a similiar fix for the Micra?

i hav this problem as well on my k11 1.0l. it really does my head in, so i just rest my hand on it.

bringing this tread back from the dead!!! but i have cured my rattle!!!! it's a worn bush/joint on the linkage selector rod on the gear box ent, next to where it bolts to the box. only prob with it is that it's not serviceable so needs a new/scrappy rod. easy to do took about 40mins remove old and fit new.
now i can have stress free drives without stereo on full or vibration white finger from holding it, lol

Back