• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Red Rocket Blog

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Being bored off work I've decided to start a blog, it wont progress as fast as others because of a debt i need to pay off. So here's my Micra then, it's not much to look at just now but that's only coz I'm balls at saving money to improve it. I wish i took pictures from when i first got it so i could show the improvements.

Whats been done so far...

3 different head units but JVC currently
In Phase door speakers
Lowered 50mm on standard shockers unfortunately
Janspeed 4-2-1 manifold with full system
And the open mouth grille

DSC00171-1.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

The future plans are...

Colour code the sh*t out of it
Tint the back 3
Alloys
Sort out the exhaust pushing up against the back bumper
New shockers
Improve the sound system
And if all goes to plan....maybe drop a 1.3 in it, or just buy one.

So there it is

Cheers(Y)

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
Being bored off work I've decided to start a blog, it wont progress as fast as others because of a debt i need to pay off.

Dude, dont let it worry you!
So many people here expect things done overnight - and if you don't do it within a week, they give up on you!
They don't realise there's a lot more to life than building your car! ;)

Good stuff done so far, some nice mods!
Exhaust a little un-subtle, eh? ;)

OP
OP
RedRocket1

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Yeah its hard as well, having a dad who hates the thought of changing anything from standard. And none of my mates are into cars, mainly because they cant bloody drive haha. I mean im hardly a mechanic but i like to think i know the basics but when it comes to working on the engine then its time for a change of pants.
But that exhaust is immense, the grumble instead of a rasp is what i love most. Just bad that the guy who fitted it says it was too long so that why it pushes up against the back bumper. I didnt have time to argue which i should have because ive seen cars on here with the same thing and its no where near as far up as mine.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Great start to a blog there, there's nothing wrong with slow moving blogs, you should see mine I just update these days with pointless stuff. We all have money problems but your can looks like it's had a good start.

OP
OP
RedRocket1

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Yeah its a good motor. Especially with the 30,000 miles its only done, at least i know it not gonna blow anytime soon. When i first got it, i honestly thought it would be gone by the month but its nippy as frick. Plus of course theres the aim to get a faster micra than stani's haha

Stani1029

Club Member
your exhaust mate, if its janspeed from the front to the back then it shouldnt be like that. i reckon where the 2-1 part is just hasnt been pushed in far enough. and you know you can come to me if you wanted a 1.3 engine fitted ;)

OP
OP
RedRocket1

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Now ya see that's what i needed, at least i know what to look for now. Maybe get that sorted within the week then. Cheers bud.
AND!!
I'm gonna hold you to that 1.3 offer mate, I look forward to it.

mullet

Ex. Club Member
looks good man facelift steelies? reminds me of mines at i have done just about the same ammount of mods :laugh:

OP
OP
RedRocket1

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Yeah its quite a beast...i consider this to be my first car, even though it isnt but i crashed the corsa so many times it shouldnt have survived as long as it did.
Pay day today so i think im gonna go buy some cheap 6x9's out halfords or autosave. But i'll need something to cover them up coz ive had 6x9's stolen before. Will a normal cover be ok or do i really need that acoustic cloth stuff?

And the steelies are the ones that were on it when i bought it, a bit rusty but when i seen the perfection of the spare steelie i knew i needed to spray them. But thats for next week hopefully.

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Nice lil car,lovely mileage!Be a shame to replace that engine,why not get all the other stuff done & think about that later?..
The dent in your bumper would press out with some heat from behind.You can use hot air gun/hairdryer or fill it with hot water.

OP
OP
RedRocket1

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Yeah but the exhaust is pushin up against the bumper causin it to flex. There was damamge to the back bumper when i bought it and i think it threw it out of line a bit so im thinking maybe if i get new bumpers then that might solve it. Or the boy who fitted it is an utter kn*b.
Me and my dad painted my old punctured steelie today and it looks damn good. So if he can bother his lazy arse then maybe get all 4 painted tomorrow. Im going for black with a red lip.