• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Scarlet Pimpernell

Well, I bid for it, won it, picked it up and drove it home. I have since washed it and the long road of eco modding begins (Y)

26052009125.jpg

26052009126.jpg

26052009127.jpg

The one in the background is my mums.

26052009128.jpg

26052009129.jpg

Think I will paint the callipers red?

26052009130.jpg

Halfords extreme brilliance bulbs fitted.

26052009133.jpg

Is this the lead for the rear speakers to be connected to, was behind the light on the right in the boot.

26052009134.jpg

Next on the list of mods, (springs will have to wait unless i can find a cheeap solution), is spraying the front calipers, rocker cover and the centre part of the dash around the heating controls :)

Well, thats the 6x9's in. Using the jigsaw inside was interesting and messy :wasntme:

27052009137.jpg

Thats one hole cut

27052009138.jpg

Lets make sure it fits, yey!

27052009139.jpg

Both speakers in

27052009140.jpg

In and wired

27052009141.jpg

Decided to cut into the wires in the boot, was easier

27052009142.jpg

27052009143.jpg

The finished product!!!

27052009144.jpg

Tried to install the head unit but dont have the right adapter. in fact never seen this type of plug before!!!!

Wiring Help for the Head Unit:

--POWER---

-Blue with Black Stripe = ACC 12V (ignition power)
-Red with Black Stripe = Constant 12V (if your stereo doesnt have a fuse on its Constant 12V wire, BUY ONE!)
-Red with Blue Stripe = Illumination wire
-Black = Ground (although I suggest you use your own, or multiple ground points)

--FRONT SPEAKERS--

RIGHT: Brown wire and Black with Red stripe (Positive/negative unknown)
LEFT: Blue wire and Black with White Stripe (Positive/negative unknown)

You will notice that there are TWO Black wires with red stripes. To test which one is the speaker and which one is the power wire, get yourself a fully charged AA battery and put the BROWN wire on one end of the battery and one of the Black with Red stripe wires on the other side of the battery. When you get the right wire the right hand speaker will make clicking noises.

According to the Haynes Manual, all K11 have front speaker crossovers somewhere in the dash. These crossovers (most likely very simple units) are for the optional A-Pillar tweeter which came in many higher grade models, in Australia this being fully optioned Series 2 SLX and all Series 2 Super S. For optimal sound quality, I highly recommend running your own wires for the front speakers as the standard series 2 equipment is rather lacking.

--REAR SPEAKERS--

RIGHT: Red with Black stripe and Black with Pink stripe (positive/negative unknown)
LEFT: Black with Yellow stripe and Red with Yellow stripe (positive and negative unknown)

Looks good. Liking the wheels. What car are they off of?

And am I the only person who ended up with a really crap signal by using the stock nissan wiring for the rear speakers?

Thanks, they came off a k10 super s, they were with the car when i bought it so quite lucky!
You must be the only one. Mine work well even with the original head unit which i need to replace.

Another day, another mod, might have the day off tomorrow!

So I thought it might be nice to make the inside a little more red to match the outside, quite hard to take it all apart really.

28052009145.jpg

Thats the middle bit out

28052009146.jpg

And then the steering column to let me get at the dial surround

28052009147.jpg

Now the surround is off

28052009148.jpg

The dials all naked

28052009149.jpg

Centre bit all done and put back together, Spock and Mr Happy like it too!

28052009150.jpg

Ahhhhh, all done, was worth it though!!!!!

Sooooo, just been looking through my blog and realised its nearly a year since i did anything!!!! SHAME ON ME!!!!!

Anyway, i have had a few things planned and after getting my breaks and exhaust sorted i decided to fit a new filter and breather. Really nice sound and 'appears' to have more grunt. Will put some pics up as soon as i can be bothered ;)

Also got myself some white and red paint. Going to do the wing mirrors Jap flag style. Will hopefully get round to this a little later today and again, will get pics up when its done!

Its good to be back on the modding trail!

As promised, pics of my new filter and breather, matches the car nicely i think. Now need to sort a good cold air feed and some kind of heat shield.

P280310_1630.jpg

P280310_1629.jpg

Still to come, Jap flag wing mirrors and blue side lights.

Took the car out for a spin after fitting the filter, i had no idea it would make such a difference in sound, its almost offensive with the throttle fully open lol

I used satin black aerosol,matt black is harder to keep clean.
Worst bit is cleaning & prepping.Petrol is cheapest (and most dangerous) for removing any split gaitor grease.Wheel cleaning acid for brake dust is expensive,good quality patio cleaner in 5 litre drum is cheaper than a little pot of wonder wheels & does the same thing.I use medium wet & dry paper,washing up scourer,washing up liquid & my wifes toothbrush to clean them up.If you've ever slapped shiny tyre jam on your tyres you need to get rid of all traces..or you'll get loads of fish eyes in the paint.Put the aerosols in a bucket of hot water as it gets the paint flowing nicely.Warm up the wheels with a hot air gun/hairdryer before & during the painting.Fiddly wheels to paint,lots of thin coats..be patient to prevent runs.Do the backs first...
Not sure how much this is lowered,lot more than 30mm tho.Get chopping :) Check my blog of Rat for a few lowering pics,I'll do some more of the red car soon..
Tyre wise you can use secondhand 185 or 175s,on the 13" wheels.I use on Rat I think they are 185/60/13,paid a tenner each for them.
Pictures please!!

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

i like the jap style wing mirrors. looks like your car could do with a good t-cut and polish it looks very dull.

cheers manny. the bonnet has faded real bad, i think it could do with a respray unless you think t cut will do the job, i dont think so?

one of my door went like that and i gave it a good t-cut and it brought the colour back. some good elbow grease will help :grinning:

This really has been a productive bank holiday, today i managed to find my other head unit fascia that had disappeared out of the back of the glove box! Re fitten it and also my parcel shelf speakers and now i am back to the BOOM BOOM POW!!!!

So this bank holiday i have:

- Painted my wing mirrors
- Fixed my heater blower
- Fitted some blue led sidelights
- Re fitted my JVC head unit.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET

This really has been a productive bank holiday, today i managed to find my other head unit fascia that had disappeared out of the back of the glove box! Re fitten it and also my parcel shelf speakers and now i am back to the BOOM BOOM POW!!!!

So this bank holiday i have:

- Painted my wing mirrors
- Fixed my heater blower
- Fitted some blue led sidelights
- Re fitted my JVC head unit.

SWEEEEEEEEEEET

good for you. blue sidelights are illegal be carefull.

car in the garage again, welding being done, sills and x member. will have it back soon, then time to lower and strip out with the addition of some nice seats i hope!!!

Got my car back all the sills and x member sorted.

No longer going to strip it out, mainly because i fitted a sub at the weekend and kind want it to stay hidden in the boot. If no one has done this yet, DO IT!!!!

Took me 2 hours in total and the sound is just emense, i know why all the 'boy racers' just cruise around with their systems blaring out :)

Still going to lower it though!!!!

Once again it has been a while but thats just how I roll. A couple more updates on possibley the slowest progress blog on here. Yellow lights and a nice mat black bonnet.

27122010274.jpg

27122010273.jpg

Back