Water Leak -on hose at base of carburettor

I have a 1988 Micra K10 1.0 GSX Automatic.

I have water coming out of the hose which connects base of carburettor to back of inlet manifold !!

What is this hose, as I cannot understand how water is leaking from it ??
Is it a water hose or air/air-fuel mixture hose ??

I cannot see how water is getting into a hose which connects carburettor/inlet manifold.

Does the coolant circulate through the inlet manifold ??

carb_hose-3.jpg

john

i think the manifold is water heated, to stop the carb icing up in the cold weather
I cannot find anything in my Haynes Micra K10 manual that says the carburettor or manifold are definitely heated, or that coolant circulates through manifold/carb base.

Can anyone confirm ??

I'm trying to work out whether only the hose is leaking or the inlet manifold gasket.

(The only section that implies it, is the supplemental section 13.14, for Micras with catalytic converters, which my 1988 car does not have)

Yes water DOES pass through the manifold and associated pipework to heat the intake manifold.

Coolant does circulate through the inlet manifold so yes frank is probably right. When I took my inlet manifold off when i was stripping engine i got coolant all over the place!

Does anyone know how you undo the clips on the marked hose ??
(see clip to right of arrow)

They seem to be push & lock clips of some sort, not the normal jubilee clips with screws I am used to. They don't look like clips that hold pressured hoses.

I looked at them, but could not see how they lock together & how you undo them.

get a pair of pliers and squeeze tabs together and pull off at same time.
Does anyone know if the hose shown in the 1st post is definitely a water hose rather than air/mixture ??

There is a good picture of the Inlet Manifold with this hose in the Haynes Manual section 1.21, Fig 20.27B.

The reason I ask is the clips used on it are these very strong spring clips (see picture below).
I'm surprised they would be used on water hoses which will be pressurised.

I know they are strong spring clips, but still I wouldn't have thought they would be used where there may be pressurised water/steam.

I tested the car today, fillled up radiator, once car had warmed up, was getting bursts of water coming from the hose leak (hose shown in 1st post).

(this close-up picture is of a similiar clip on air filter housing)
2008_0513Image0005.jpg

Does anyone know if the hose shown in the 1st post is definitely a water hose rather than air/mixture ??

There is a good picture of the Inlet Manifold with this hose in the Haynes Manual section 1.21, Fig 20.27B.

The reason I ask is the clips used on it are these very strong spring clips (see picture below).
I'm surprised they would be used on water hoses which will be pressurised.

I know they are strong spring clips, but still I wouldn't have thought they would be used where there may be pressurised water/steam.

It's definitely a Water Hose

These Clips are standard on all cars, when they're on they don't move but they do rust.

Just in case you were thinking of taking the Carburettor off....here's what's underneath:)

P1010086-1.jpg

Have you noticed that split on the small pipe connected on the side of your Carb?

Have you noticed that split on the small pipe connected on the side of your Carb?
Do you mean the joining piece for a vaccuum hose just to right of top of the arrow in 1st picture ??

I only noticed later that a vacuum hose had come out of there.

Pushed vacuum hose back in, engine ran ok, pulled it out, engine cut out, so it seems ok if I push in hose tight, although I need to replace it.

Back