• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Fordy's K10 Micra Blog

few things ive done this weekend

one shiney water pipe

one shiney and reconditioned(cleaned and greased) starter motor

i did these myself so only cost me 20 as i had 3 starter motors and loads of spare water pipe for my engine so i thought why not do it,

im saving my money for the st parts but when i've got enough i money i might get a figaro engine from someone i know that imports cars, but either way i will have a turbo k10

Wow. Shininess. How did you do that? if you don't mind me asking.

I have a polishing wheel for my bench grinder, which with a bit of rubbing compound can bring stuff up to near chrome finish, but it can't get into the nooks and crannies unfortunately.

i brought a polishing kit off ebay, then i stripped the starter motor into bits and went to work with it, i also cleaned the starter motor inside and regreased it all so its basically a reconditioned polished starter motor

the water pipe was easy to do as well

its alot easier to put the drill into a vice to do it aswell

i'd do the same to the other starter motor i got in my garage if someone would buy it when it was done

all progress for this car has finished for the time being and parts will be getting swaped off it on to my new one but not untill modified nationals is done and dusted

i will update this thread in the next week with a bit more info on my new k10 and some pictures

so heres the reason for not moding the white one anymore

well i was getting bored of the under power my white cars got so i got offered a super s with low milage and considering these are like rocking horse #### to get these days with low milage i couldnt say no

my new ones got 49k on the clock
interior is better than the one i got from ed
the bodywork is a bit shabby when compared to my white one
absolutly clean no rust underneath at all just like me white one, must be something about this area

but since i doubt i'll be able to swap everything over and get the car mint before mod nats, im going to wait untill after mod nats before i start striping and swaping the parts over and using the car on the road

first thing im doing is making the car mint everything thats ment to be black will be repainted eg drums and calipers etc

when the cars 100% then im going to swap the exhaust and performance stuff over, i was amazed when my white one couldnt keep up with the red one and the red ones got 2 cats! and egr to slow it down

let this be a real leason to people dont waste money performance wise on a ma10 engine unless you go turbo properly

no parts will be up forsale as every is going back on the white one as my little brother is having it

so you might see both a mint super s and a moded white k10 depending weather or not my little brother is driving by then

Red is by far the best K10 colour lol. One thing though, check behind the arches & bodykit for rust. The sills etc may look great, but these are troublesome areas for Super S as water builds up under the plastic and destroys them. The super s i bought was a complete wreck under the kit.

just a little update on the red super s,

how to fit an alarm and central locking in the rain

god im mad for doing it in this weather but it had to be done,
still fitting it now just can in for a cuppa as i just tested the alarm and its working all i got to do now is tidy up all the wiring routes and fit the sensors all over the car and then test the sensors but at least the starter and ignition cuts have been done

any way hope you guys enjoy the pics im going back to finish it off

the white k10 will be my little brothers when the red one is back on the road, the white one will stay the same apart from the exhaust, march rear lights, shocks and springs and front strut brace as i want them on the red one, no doubt my brother will buy new shocks and springs and possibly another set of march rear lights

sound good mate where are you getting your march lights from? i was lucky enough to get elliots one's when he broke his car they were damn hard to get!

little update

all the bodykit is off and getting painted this week, whilst the bodykit is off the sills and chassis rails are getting wayoyl'ed all the arches are getting waxoyl'ed aswell as the underneath of the vehicle

everything thats meant to be black is getting painted, ive even taken the metal battery tray out and painted it!, wiper arms have had a coat of paint aswell

ive fitted the spare modded rear wiper motor ive got and ive even ordered some brand new nissan fog lights at the lovely sum of £140 (including my discounts) for 2 lights!

this car will be made mint, anything it needs doing its getting plus some more for good measure

few pictures not many

just noticed mate the bumper on your white k10 is the same as the bumper i have just got :p and theres me saying I've never seen it lol

mat the bumper u have there is a k10 2 roads away from me with the full kit on lol

in same road as the garage that tom works in

fordy where did u get those fogs??

fordy where did u get those fogs??

nissan mate, also bagged a spare of ebay that was yellow aswell lol

yeah i think speedle should get a black k10 or anything thats not white or you will be a copy cat lol

also red super s is going back on the road this week wooop!

yeah it is lowered but i think the tyres are making it sit high or the springs aint settled down ask i had only just changed them

the only parts on the car that have been resprayed is the bodykit and the lower spoiler and grill over than that the bodywork is great

wow lol, saw your display picture in another thread and i thought aye??? i thought to myself fordy has a white k10? lol. anyway good work the new one looks spot on!

we now have another fast 1.2 in the club, 1.2 ecc carb with 4-2-1 exhaust

few things ive been doing today,
egr = bin
biv valve = bin
aiv soleniod = bin

road test home (15 miles) fuel economy alot better than before (think something i removed was faulty) the car seemed more torquey all over the rev range.

got home waited for rain to stop a little, car in garage on ramps and axle stands and started work

old exhaust off, lovely 4-2-1 exhaust with added lamba sensor boss for ecc system went on (for good mpg when cruising on long journeys) also fitted a new lamba sensor and extended the wiring properly with plastic covering and everything

road test = :grinning:

its so much better, pulls extremely hard from 1k to 6k, when slowing down to roundabouts etc or slowing down for speed bumps exhaust backfires alot.

overall rating of this mod 10/10

just got to check and adjust the air/fuel mixture at work on monday and then hopefully get it on a rolling road next month

so the list of mods so far on the super s is:

pipercross air filter
march rear lights inc reverse lights (one still to fit when i get a red bulb)
lowered 35mm
uprated gas suspension all round
14" alloys
4-2-1 exhaust system
alarm (not really classed as a mod tho)

wow mate.....that looks like a really smart, tidy K10 super S you have there!!!

good work!!

maybe see it sometime soon *cough (cornwall)* :wasntme: lol

exhaust really made the back end look alot better than it did, just go to get my rear window tinted now but having bank problems at the moment

the exhaust is marks old system speedle,

these pictures where taken before the road trip with courior, farcela g3 waxtop polish is the muts nuts

on the road trip with courior the amount of people looking at my car was crazy never before have i had so many people looking at it, the people in every car passing me were giving it a good look :grinning:

dsc00219mediumuq1.jpg

dsc00220mediumxf6.jpg

dsc00222mediumol8.jpg
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4328/dsc00219mediumuq1.jpg

some random guy that i paid to sit in it lol

i still keep meaning to get my rear window tinted keep forgetting about it lol

im surprised at the pictures to they turned out excellent

Looks awesome mate!! everytime i look at a K10 SS im like em more and more than any other micra. old cars rule lol... Them pictures are the mutts, your car is sooooooo mint lol. im still trying to catch up :p

Lol so your happy i didnt take that grille off you then hehehe. gonna have a go at doing mine soon.. looks awesome dude!!

cracking mate i do like that grill modification did it myself once but going to try something else this time round ;)

car looks spanking!

UPDATE! and a bad one at that!

The red super s is no more :(

yesterday i had a accident into the back of another car which braked hard cause of a idiot braking hard in front of him, before i knew it i was braking harder than ever but the micra's brakes wasnt the best at slowing me down from 40ish if that,

the front end of the super s is looking really sorry for itself
the bumper was pushed back at the top mainly as the micra nosed dived when i was braking so hard,
the upper crossbar has been pushed back
the n/s chassis has compressed where its meant to,
the n/s wing has been pushed back and dented by the front bumper,
the o/s chassis has very very slightly compressed very hard to see it tho
and the bonnet isnt sitting flat at all, and has pushed the bonnet catch and metal behind it back aswell
n/s headlight smashed
n/s fog light smashed
both sidelight lens smashed or cracked
new grill smashed

it didnt look to bad when it happened but when i got home and took the front bumper off and saw the mangeled mess of a bumper bar, all my hopes of getting it back on the road were lost

the cars getting taken to the bodyshop at my work on tuesday but im prepared for them to say its not worth repairing :(

ive already got another car lined up and if the worse happeneds on tuesday i will be picking up the new car on the saturday

im okish after the accident i was in shock being my first accident ever, but when i was driving home i felt my lower back getting tighter and tighter, i got home ok and everything but this morning both my back and back of my neck was in pain had a hot shower and it helped alot,

since the person i hit was in the same car club as me and his car just had scratches and nothing else spare wheel well was fine and underneath was fine aswell (same golf as micra man i hit) we decided no to go though insurance

so there will be a super s up for parts soon if it can't be repaired cheaply

mate absolutely gutted for you! but glad your ok! serious shame about the super s as it was such a god damn lovely example. i hope you staying k10? or has this put you off now? the k10 brakes are rubbish when the dog poo hits the fan the lack of abs and brake fade really rears their ugly head :(

dont worry i have another super s lined up a black one at that :grinning: if the worst happens tomorrow

Back